Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

Working in the U.S.: Get the right visas

You love your job, and you've been able to rise to a high position in your country. Now, the company wants to see you move to America and take over a role there. It's a dream that was a long time coming, and now you just want to do everything you can to get the transfer and appropriate immigration documents together.

The good news is that you have a sponsor, which means you're likely to get a visa when you apply. Having a business vouch for you, especially when you're in a higher position, has a positive effect on employment-based immigration visas.

To come to the United States and work, you'll need to obtain a business visa. The typical visa is a business (B1) visitor visa, which allows you to settle estates, negotiate, attend professional conferences and consult with business associates for a short time. This visa works for those who wish to come to work in the USA, but if you're planning a more permanent stay, there are other options, like the EB-3 visa for professional or skilled workers.

You may wish to obtain nonimmigrant or immigrant status first, obtaining the right to remain in the United States. From there, you can seek out an Employment Authorization Document. This document is also known as a working permit, which allows you to perform your work duties while in the United States. It is generally valid for only one year at a time, but it is renewable.

For most workers coming to the U.S. through their businesses, the businesses themselves take care of the complicated task of obtaining a visa. If not, your attorney can help you prepare the right documents moving forward.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map