Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

Coming to the USA: Form I-140

To work in the United States, you will need an immigration visa. Getting a labor certification necessary before you can get a job in the country.

There are three subcategories for Employment First preference in America. These include persons with extraordinary abilities, multinational executives or managers and outstanding professors and researchers. If you fall under one of these subcategories, it will be easier for you to come to America with a visa to work in the country.

People with extraordinary abilities

People with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, athletics, education or business can come to the United States to work by applying with form I-140. They do not have to have job offers as long as they plan to continue working in the respective field in the United States.

Multinational executives and managers

People who have been employed for at least three years by an overseas parent company, subsidiary, branch of a U.S. employer or overseas affiliate may be able to come to the United States to work if they obtain a job offer and file form I-140 with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Outstanding researchers and professors

When you are an outstanding researcher or professor in your field, you may qualify to come to the United States to work. Usually, you must have a job offer or plan to come to the United States to pursue tenure. File your form I-140 once you have a job offer in hand.

Your attorney can help you make sure you have the right documents in place before you file with the USCIS. Having a job offer and plans for your time in the United States is a good place to start.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map