Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

Can I help my adopted sibling immigrate to the United States?

If you're a United States citizen, you may be able to sponsor your sibling to immigrate to the United States. While the process for bringing a sibling to America in this fashion is relatively straightforward, each step must be followed in order to maximize the chances of success. Also, when it comes to an adopted sibling, there is an additional step that's important to keep in mind.

The process to sponsor a sibling to get a green card that allows him or her to work and live lawfully in this country is as follows:

  • Complete and file Form I-130 on behalf of your sibling. You do not need to complete additional Form I-130's for your sibling's children who are under the age of 21, nor for your sibling's spouse.
  • Provide lawful copies of both you and your sibling's birth certificates. You will need to prove that you share common parentage.
  • Evidence of your status as a U.S. citizen. This could be a certified copy of your current passport, birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth, certificate of naturalization or your certificate of citizenship.
  • Certified copy of you or your sibling's adoption decree. It must show that either you or your sibling were adopted prior to the age of 16.

Success is not always guaranteed when applying for a visa on behalf of a sibling living in a foreign country. However, with the right legal advice, advance planning and by completing the process to the letter of the law, your sibling will have the highest chances of obtaining a green card to live and work legally in the United States.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map