Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

September 2018 Archives

Does your child have dual citizenship?

Though we generally think of citizenship as something that is exclusive to one country, it is possible for people to have dual citizenship. Another name for this, in some cases, is dual nationality. As the name implies, it simply means that the person can claim citizenship in two separate countries at the same time.

Signs that federal officials suspect your marriage is fraudulent

Immigrating to Georgia or another U.S. region is often a lengthy and complicated process. If your paperwork wasn't in order when you crossed a border, you may encounter many challenges that properly documented immigrants might avoid. You may also be one of many who married a U.S. citizen.  

Should you consider a plea bargain?

Whenever a person is charged with a crime, they should do their best to fight the charges and push to have them dismissed. However, in many cases, it is simply not possible to see charges dismissed entirely, and a defendant may consider accepting a plea bargain to avoid more serious sentencing. Unfortunately, many defendants accept plea bargains that hurt them in the long run because they do not understand the risks involved.

Seeking asylum is not a hasty process

The fear of persecution because of your race, religion, politics or other factors is a valid reason for wanting to flee your country and seek a safer home elsewhere. For many, that haven is the United States. If you have already made the decision to leave your country and hope to gain legal residency in the U.S., it is important that you understand the process for seeking asylum.

Can I help my adopted sibling immigrate to the United States?

If you're a United States citizen, you may be able to sponsor your sibling to immigrate to the United States. While the process for bringing a sibling to America in this fashion is relatively straightforward, each step must be followed in order to maximize the chances of success. Also, when it comes to an adopted sibling, there is an additional step that's important to keep in mind.

Does divorce threaten my permanent resident status?

For many years, one of the most direct paths to obtaining permanent resident status in the United States has been through marrying someone who is already a citizen. While the process is far more complicated than many television shows and movies portray, this has long been a well-known method for gaining resident status or citizenship.

Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map