Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

Working in the United States? Learn how you can legally do so

You've always wanted to come to the United States, but you're not sure if you qualify. To work in the United States, you will need to get permission. You can get permission in one of three ways as an immigrant. You can obtain a Permanent Resident Card, an Employment Authorization Document or an employment-related visa. You will need to meet several requirements before you can obtain any of these permissive documents.

As a nonimmigrant worker, you'll be asking to come to the U.S. for a specific business-related purpose for a temporary time. You are only able to do the specific activity you're approved for while in the United States. Some people coming temporarily may obtain the B-1 visa for temporary business work.

As an exchange student or visitor, you may be able to work if you get a Designed School Official or Responsible Officer's permission. These officials are responsible for exchange visitors and have the right to give you permission to work.

If you are granted permission to stay in the U.S. as a refugee or if you are granted asylum or made a permanent resident, you may automatically be authorized to work.

It's not always easy to know where you fall in these categories, and it can be doubly difficult if you don't speak the language or if English is your second language. Our website has more information about coming to the United States to work and what to expect. You'll need to meet some requirements before you can come, and knowing exactly what they are could help you reach your goal of working in the U.S. much sooner.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map