Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

United States employment: What immigrants need to know

You've worked hard at your university. You want to make something of yourself while exploring other cultures. You think you know exactly where you want to go: The United States of America.

While there are many opportunities in America, getting here isn't always very easy. Coming to the U.S. and violating the laws could actually get you banned for 10 years or longer.

If you want to come to the United States for work, it's important that you understand how to do so legally. Coming from a foreign country isn't always easy, especially if you plan to work. You'll need to obtain permission from the U.S. government to work while you're staying in the United States.

If you don't want to live in the United States permanently, you won't need a green card. Instead, you can apply for a temporary work visa. If you intend to stay in the United States, applying for a green card, also known as permanent resident status, is preferable.

Even if you don't get a green card or temporary work visa, there are times when you may still be allowed to work in the United States. In those cases, an employment authorization document is required. To get this document, you need to file Form I-765. People who do this tend to be students or those who need to seek permission to work through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Our website has more information about the ways you can come to work in the United States. An attorney can help you understand more about your options, so you have the best chance of getting to the United States legally for work.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map