Helping Immigrants Pursue I-601A Waivers

No one wants to be separated from friends and family for longer than necessary. The good news is that the new I-601A waiver can shorten the time you are away from those you love.

At the Atlanta law firm of Taylor Lee & Associates LLC, our attorneys are here to help. We have more than 150 years of combined experience assisting thousands of immigrants like you. Let us guide you through the details of seeking an I-601A waiver.

The Benefit Of Getting A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

In the past, if you were not able to obtain an adjustment of status ("green card") because of your unlawful presence here, you would have to leave the country. While you were abroad, you would have to file Form I-601 to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. If you didn't, you couldn't get an immigrant visa and return to the U.S.

Now, if you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you can potentially file Form I-601A for a provisional unlawful presence waiver before you ever leave the country. You don't have to wait until you cross the border for your immigrant visa interview. You can do it ahead of time. This typically shortens the time it takes for you to return and reunite with your family.

Who Is Eligible For This Type Of Waiver?

Provisional unlawful presence waivers are only available to those who meet certain requirements. Among many other things, you must:

  • Be at least 17 years old
  • Be a spouse, an unmarried child under 21 or a parent of a U.S. citizen
  • Have successfully filed Form I-130 or Form I-360
  • Show that it would cause "extreme hardship" to your citizen family member if you were not allowed back into the country

Contact Taylor Lee & Associates LLC To Learn More

Understanding I-601A waivers is the first step to success. Contact our firm in Norcross, Georgia, to speak to one of our lawyers in detail about the requirements and benefits of this waiver. Call 770-441-4807 or 800-440-7601 today. Hablamos español.