I-601 Waiver Process – Application Process

Related Topics

The process of applying for an I-601 waiver can be very confusing. Your application is more likely to be successful if you have a lawyer to guide you through the process. At Taylor Lee & Associates LLC, we have helped hundreds of people in the Atlanta area with I-601 waiver applications.

What Do I Need For The I-601 Waiver?

In order to apply for the I-601 waiver program, you must be married to a United States citizen. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate. If you were married back in your homeland and did not get a divorce, you will need to dissolve that marriage. Our attorneys can help you do that.

In addition to a copy of the marriage certificate, you will need to fill out an I-601 form. This form will ask you about hardship that your spouse will experience if your visa application is denied. It is important to be truthful when filling out this form. Your application will be stronger if you have evidence to support it. Sworn statements from your spouse, family members and witnesses can serve as evidence.

A requirement of the I-601 waiver is that you show that a denial of your application will cause your spouse to experience extreme hardship. You may claim more than one type of hardship. However, you will need to provide solid proof for each one. Our lawyers can help to increase the likelihood that USCIS will find your application convincing.

Contact Taylor Lee & Associates LLC

You do not need to go through the I-601 waiver application process alone; Taylor Lee & Associates LLC can help. Contact our office in Norcross, Georgia, at 770-441-4807 or 800-440-7601. Hablamos español.