Atlanta Citizenship Attorneys

Related Topics

Green card holders in good standing can apply for citizenship after living in the United States for five years (or sooner if married to a U.S. citizen). Once you are granted citizen status, you enjoy all the rights of a natural-born American, such as the right to vote. Once you are a citizen, you no longer have to worry about your immigration status and you can sponsor other family members to join you in the U.S.

The law firm of Taylor Lee & Associates LLC enjoys helping immigrants become naturalized citizens. We assist with the N-400 application for citizenship and help clients prepare for the citizenship test and interview. Our experienced immigration lawyers can also address problems, such as past crimes or immigration violations, that might be a barrier to citizenship. We welcome permanent residents in the Metro Atlanta area and northern Georgia.

Form N-400 To Convert To U.S. Citizenship

Green card holders must apply for naturalization to convert from lawful permanent resident (LPR) status to citizenship. You may be eligible to apply if:

  • You have been a permanent resident for five years and meet the other criteria
  • You have been a permanent resident for three years and you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen

Your immigration status must be in order (no disqualifying crimes or pending removal proceedings) to apply for citizenship. We can assist in filling out your N-400 application and we can answer your questions about the process, including the cost and the English language and writing ability requirements. After a fingerprint scan, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) will allow you to take the citizenship test.

Helping Immigrants Become Citizens

If you are ready to convert to citizenships — or if you are worried about something in your past — please call our Atlanta citizenship attorneys at 770-441-4807 or 800-440-7601 or contact us by email. Hablamos español.