Atlanta K-1 Visa Lawyer

Related Topics

The K visa allows the fiancée or fiancé of an American citizen to enter the United States on an expedited basis, along with his or her children. Once the marriage takes place, the new spouse can then adjust status to obtain a green card and later apply for U.S. citizenship.

Qualifying for a K-1 fiancée/fiancé visa (and K-2 visas for minor children) can be complicated, especially if there is any question about the person's admissibility or the validity of the relationship. Taylor Lee & Associates LLC can help clear the way for your fiancée/fiancé to join you in the U.S. and start your new life together.

Our Atlanta immigration law practice has helped many U.S. citizens in Metro Atlanta and throughout Georgia obtain K visas. Our lawyers can also address other family-based immigration matters, such as visas or waivers for your spouse's family members.

Are You Seeking A Fiancé(e) Visa?

The K-1 visa speeds up the immigration process, allowing a fiancée or fiancé to travel to the United States as a nonimmigrant and later convert to immigrant (permanent resident) status. Once your intended bride or husband enters the U.S. on a K visa, you must be married within 90 days, or the visa becomes invalid and your fiancé(e) is subject to removal.

We help American citizens and their intended spouses properly file the Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), and later file Form I-485 to adjust status and obtain a green card. The U.S. government wants assurance that the marriage will take place and that it is not a sham arrangement for obtaining immigrant status. Our knowledge of the evidence required (photographs, birth certificates, etc.) and the consular interview process will help you satisfy the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) that your K visa petition is legitimate.

Helping Couples Start Their Life Together

Our job is to clear any legal issues so that the two of you can focus on your wedding and building your life as a married couple, and to assist with adjustment of status so that your foreign-born spouse can find work and one day convert to citizenship.

Call our Atlanta immigration attorneys at 770-441-4807 or 800-440-7601 or email us to discuss a fiancé/fiancée visa and any related issues. Hablamos español.