Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
Free Consultation - Se Habla ESPAÑOL
Menu Contact

Posts tagged "green card"

How to sponsor your parents for a green card

People who are born in the U.S. are citizens, even if their parents are not. If you are a U.S. citizen but your parents are not citizens, you may be able to sponsor them for permanent residency. People who are at least 21 years old can petition for their parents to become permanent residents in the U.S.

How to help a family member become a permanent resident

If you are a lawful permanent resident (commonly called a green card holder), you may be able to help your relatives become permanent residents, too. This would allow them to come to the U.S. and begin living and working here legally.

How to get a green card and the benefits that go with it

If you aren't a green card holder (a legal permanent resident), you face many challenges. You may have great trouble finding a job. You may not be able to rent a place to live. You won't be able to sponsor family members to come to America. Most importantly, you may be deported from the U.S.

How to avoid common immigration scams

Becoming a U.S. citizen comes with a host of benefits ? you have the full rights and protections of the U.S. Constitution, you can sponsor immediate relatives, you can vote in elections and you can travel without fear of losing your status. Sadly, many people prey on people trying to work toward residency and citizenship, using scams to take advantage of immigrants.

Green card holders returning to the US after over a year abroad

When a legal permanent resident of the U.S. leaves the country, they must return within 365 days or face the possibility of denial of entry should they try to reenter the country. If a Georgia green card holder has been outside of the U.S. for more than a year, they might have follow certain proceedings if they are attempting to return to the country.

Renewing a green card

Foreign-born individuals who live in Georgia and have permanent residency status in the U.S. will need to renew their green cards every 10 years. The process of renewing a green card can be completed online or by mail by filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.

An overview of refugee admissions

Georgia residents who are interested in immigration matters may wonder about refugee status and the process for individuals to obtain such status. According to immigration law, a refugee is defined as an individual who is located outside of the country and whose humanitarian condition is of concern to the U.S. A prospective refugee must also be able to demonstrate a fear of persecution or the actual occurrence of persecution for reasons related to political opinion, social status, race, nationality or religion.

What is Temporary Protected Status and am I eligible?

Georgia residents might be interested in learning about what Temporary Protect Status is. In situations where a country has experienced a natural disaster or there is a civil war, the Secretary of Homeland Security may decide to designate that country for Temporary Protected Status.

Permanent residency eligibility

Georgia immigrants may be unaware of what the eligibility requirements for permanent residency are. According to the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, an individual who is seeking permanent residency in the U.S. must qualify for an immigration category, must have an immigrant petition approved, must have an immigrant visa available and must be considered admissible by the USCIS.

Email Us For A Response

Client Reviews

“Incredibly good at informing with the correct information. They always have one or two planes if one don't work out ! Exactly what I like and looking for !!! Great service” - Vanna Vanna Alvarez

Contact Us

Taylor Lee & Associates LLC
6855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Suite 2150
Norcross, GA 30071

Toll Free: 800-440-7601
Phone: 770-441-4807
Norcross Law Office Map

Hours | Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm
Hours | Sat: 10am - 2pm

View Our Recent Results
Google Map